Best Shoulder Pain Treatment in Chennai
- No Surgery Required
- 30 Min Procedure
- Same Day Discharge
- Quick Pain Relief
- Quick Return to Work
I was suffering with severe neck pain since last 7years , hav all type of physiotherapy and massages and chiropractor but no relief then I met Dr Sudheer and Dr minal at this center…
Very good doctor. Suffering from knee pain from last 4 years and didn’t want to get a surgery. They treated my knee pain. I am very happy with the results.
By far the best pain management specialists in town. After consulting several places with no effect, Epione made sure that they treated my mother’s delicate pain condition with patience…
I am very thankful to doctors in Epione pain management center. My neck pain has gone which I was fighting since last 4 years . Dr sudhir Dara and dr minal have helped me come out…
I finally got relief from my back pain thanks to Epione
Mrs. Aswathi Subramanyan
Back Pain Treatment
Dr Chetana Chetan cured me from knee pain due to arthritis
Knee Pain Treatment
My sister suffered from Knee pain for 5 years but finally found pain relief at Epione
Foot and Ankle Pain Treatment
Shoulder Pain Treatment
The shoulder joint is one of the most complex joints in the body. It is made up of three bones, the humerus (long arm bone), the clavicle (collarbone), and the scapula (shoulder blade). A layer of cartilage protects these bones from impact. Shoulder pain might be caused by the joint or any of the muscles, ligaments, or tendons surrounding it. It can also be caused by various diseases and ailments that affect the structures in the chest or abdomen, such as heart disease or gallbladder disease (referred pain).
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
- Rotator cuff tear
- Swollen tendons
- Bone spurs (bony projections that develop along the edges of bones)
- Nerve compression in the neck or shoulder
- Shoulder bone fracture
- Torn cartilage
- Frozen shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder
- Spinal cord damage
How is Shoulder Pain Diagnosed?
During the diagnosis, the ability to flex and rotate the shoulder is assessed to rule out the source of discomfort. If the doctor suspects a certain condition that is causing the shoulder discomfort, they may request one or more of the following tests:
- X-ray to rule out arthritis and fractures.
- CT or MRI scans to detect torn cartilage and abnormalities with bones, muscles, tissue, tendons, nerves, ligaments, and blood vessels.
- Blood tests to rule out infection
- Bone scan, performed in rare circumstances to check for bone cancers or compression fractures caused by osteoporosis.
What is the Treatment for Shoulder Pain?
The type and severity of treatment will be determined by the reason and severity of the shoulder discomfort. Physical or occupational therapy, a sling or shoulder immobiliser, or surgery are some of the treatment possibilities.
The doctor may also prescribe nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Minor shoulder pain can be addressed at home in some cases. Icing the shoulder for 15 to 20 minutes three or four times a day can help relieve pain. Resting the shoulder for several days may be beneficial before resuming normal activities and avoiding any movements that may cause pain. Work or activities that require a lot of overhead should be avoided.
Interventional Pain Management
Interventional treatments for shoulder pain management can be a faster and more effective source of pain relief. These procedures are beneficial when conservative medical care and drugs have failed to relieve severe pain.
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection – This procedure is a highly efficient shoulder pain treatment. The doctor will insert a small needle into the epidural area and administer a small dose of medicine to relieve the pain under fluoroscopic guidance (real-time x-ray).
- Trigger point injections : under the guidance of image ,anti-inflammatory medications are injected into the area of damage , to reduce inflammation
- Platelet-rich plasma injections. Derived from your own blood, PRP releases growth factors directly into the affected area to jumpstart tissue repair. This is used to treat rotator cuff tears ,joint degeneration.
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) – Radio waves are sent through a nerve, stunning it and preventing it from transmitting pain